About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hot Off the Bench

Here are the latest creations from my studio. I was really hoping to get more done since we had the long weekend, but there were so many other things going on. And then there was our attempt at a Sunday morning ride...more about that in another post. All of these items are currently available in my Etsy shop. I really like working with copper and am hoping to try my hand at cold connections and riveting this week. I've been putting it off a little though because I prefer to oxidize the copper instead of leaving it in it's natural state. When I was making the hammered disk bracelet, I opened my jar of liver of sulfur and it was bad...all dried up. Luckily, I was able to get just enough out of it to complete this bracelet. This is the second time the chunk form has dried up on me before I was able to use it all. I've ordered a new product from Cool Tools...a gel form of liver of sulfur that's supposed to have a really long shelf life. Once I've had the chance to try it out, I'll post about it. I've had these large round peach quartz beads forever, and couldn't come up with a design for them...until I bought the brass leaf beadcaps...then...bingo...it all came together! Funny how that happens. I have beads I bought years ago that still haven't found there way into a project, but their day is coming. Not the case with tiger's eye though. I love the way tiger's eye looks with sterling silver. I've also taken a liking to the peanut shaped beads. When I first saw them at a bead show, I passed on them thinking, "what in the heck am I going to do with a bead shaped like that"! Well, when you nestle a bunch of them together, they make for a pretty neat design. I'd really like to keep this one for myself, as I wear a lot of brown, but I promised Dave I would stop with the "one for me, one for the shop" thing I had going on for a while! I'm quite a bit behind in posting supplies in my shop, but here's one strand that will be posted before the night's over. I found these lampwork beads in several different shapes and colors at a bead show. I only bought a few strands, and was kicking myself for it later. Then I realized the vendor I bought them from has a store in northern Florida, so on a recent trip to my sister's, I wandered into town to visit the bead store...and bought every strand they had!!! Of course, Dave's reaction was "Do you really need more beads"?! Luckily, he understands my bead addiction and will be happy to see I've listed two of the strands (the other is a strand of aqua colored rectangles).

No comments:

Post a Comment