About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

eBay Follow Up

As I posted previously, I was going to give eBay a shot since they offer 5 free listings every 30 days. Well, only one of the five items I listed was bid on. Unfortunately, there was no wild bidding war as I had hoped, and the item sold for the opening bid amount. I started the opening bids very low...much less than what the items would have retailed for...in hopes of drawing in some bidders. Needless to say my profit margin was small....very small! I have mixed feelings about the experience. On the one hand, it wasn't a total loss...I sold an item and was able to send the winning bidder my other site information. On the other hand, four of the items didn't sell, and I'm not sure I can get the exposure I am looking for by only listing 5 items every 30 days (and I just don't want to invest the additional money to list more items in the hope of drawing bidders in). eBay has the biggest audience, but the competition is unbelievable. So, I'm on the fence. Maybe with Christmas approaching, I'll have a better shot!!!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I've gotten to the point where I only use eBay for fan items (comics, etc.), dvds, music, etc. I just haven't had much luck with more "creative" items there. Though, like you said, not a total loss with no listing fee, so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. I was thinking of trying this as well

    ReplyDelete