About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Giving e-Bay a Try

I've decided to give e-Bay a try. They are offering 5 free listings (ok, they're not really free, but pretty close!) every 30 days so what's there to lose? I see many people who have been very successful and figured I may as well throw my hat in the ring. I've sold a few items on there before, but have mostly been a buyer. If anything, I'm just hoping for a little more exposure and I know e-Bay has one of the biggest audiences. Unfortunately, they don't allow you to post links to other venues you are selling on, which to me is kind of surprising since even the handcrafted only sites allow you to do that. Do they really think they are going to lose that much business to the other sites? My plan is to include my business card that shows my other links with any items that sell (and hopefully they do). Maybe it will result in another sale, maybe not, but it's worth a try. So, I'll keep my fingers crossed and see how it goes. If you want to check out my listings, you can use the advanced search and look for seller's ID shellysinc.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with EBAY. I hope it is successful for you. I use Etsy and Artfire, but not EBAY. It just seems overwhelming with so many thousand of items listed on there. I hope you post how it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete