About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cutting Show

Several weeks back, Dave and I attended a cutting show that my neighbor Jeanette was competing in. During the summer months, most of the shows are held in the evening as the summer sun is just too brutal. I was excited about the event. One, because I love being around the horses, and two I was hoping to take some really great pictures for my blog. Unfortunately, only one of the pictures came out. That was the picture of Dave and I sitting in the stands (and it's now one of my favs). The problem was I brought the disposable camera to finish of the roll off film from the last ATV trip we had taken. The flash on disposable cameras is only good for about 10-12 feet. The arena was well lit, so I didn't think it was going to be a problem. I have a digital camera that I use for taking pictures of my jewelry and beading supplies, but for whatever reason it won't stay on for more than a minute even with new batteries. Could it possibly have something to do with the tumble it took off my hightop table in the kitchen? It's not a problem when I'm taking pictures in the studio because I have an AC adapter for it. We keep talking about buying a new one, but just never seem to get around to it. Maybe I need to put that a little higher on my list of things to do. I know I'm missing out on some really good photo opportunities! BTW, Jeanette did very well at the event, placing in the money!

No comments:

Post a Comment