About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Attempt at Fusing Fine Silver



I made my first attempt at fusing fine silver last night, and I really, really like it! The earrings pictured are the results of my first attempts. The round and oval rings were made with 16 gauge fine silver wire. The Swarovski crystal and pearl earrings will be listed on Etsy later tonight. I've decided to keep the cat's eye earrings for myself! I would love to hear your comments on what you think of these earrings. I always welcome constructive criticism.


I also made several attempts at soldering, and that didn't go nearly as well. I think I might be using the wrong flux...it seems to be heating up too quickly. And I think I need a thinner wire of solder. I'm winding up with way too much solder on my pieces. I'll have to check out some of the jewelry supply places to see what they have. I think I'm also going to look into a disc cutter to cut blanks from sheets of metal. I have lots of ideas!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment