About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Forming a Habit - An Exercise Habit

You know how you hear people say they battle their weight or are a yo-yo dieter? Well, I battle my mind...I am a yo-yo exerciser! I will go through periods that last months where I workout regularly and really feel healthy (for me it's not about weight...it's about how healthy I feel). Then out of nowhere, I just stop and get back into a bad cycle of making excuses not to work out. I could be on my way home from work, and have myself all psyched up about having time to squeeze in a workout, but somehow, by the time I walk in the door, I've talked myself out of it! Why do I do that?! That may be a question I never answer.

In any case, today is a new day and the start of a new habit. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, whether it be good or bad. So, I got up at 7:00am (anyone who knows me is well aware that is early for me on the weekend!) and went to my workout room. I manged to get through 30 minutes of weight training and 40 minutes on the treadmill. I have to remember to download some more songs with good, fast beats to my iPod...good music always motivates me!

I'm hoping that blogging about it will keep me a little more committed. Hopefully others that read my blog will share their comments and tips for staying motivated!

That's all for now. I'm off to the local bead shop to buy some new tools. I'm venturing into the world of soldering and fusing. Normally I would order online because the prices are usually much better, but I'm so excited I can't wait for the items to be shipped. I need instant gratification! Fellow jewelry artisans will completely understand this!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, Shelly, I completely understand!

    I started exercising again 3 weeks ago and still going, not much change is happening but I'm really glad that I am doing it. I like feeling strong and knowing that it will help keep me healthy. Staying motivated is very hard, I look forward to seeing what keep you going.

    ReplyDelete