About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quick Post

Just a quick post for now as I it seems like I have a hundred different things going on! But that's a good think...keeping my hands busy keeps me from putting food in my mouth (I tend to eat out of boredom or lack of anything better to do)!

I accomplished the goals I had set for myself Thursday so I was happy for that. And Dara was happy I finally finished her bracelet! I am 9 days into forming my exercise habit and things are going well. I've worked out on 7 of those 9 days so that's something else I'm happy about.

Yesterday was busy!!! The local preserve, Grassy Waters Preserve held it's annual native plant and tree sale. The soil/dirt in our yard isn't the best (the builders never give you the good stuff when they build a house) and it seems we sometimes have a hard time growing anything but weeds! We decided trying some native plants might give us the help we need as the native stuff will be a little more tolerant of the sandy soil. The sale itself was a lot of fun because of the way they do it. The plants and trees are donated, so there is a limited supply, and the prices are pretty good. The sale started at 9:00am, and you could only browse prior to that. Well, at 9:00am, they yell "go" and everyone runs out and grabs what they can. Dave and I had pretty much decided what we wanted. He ran over and grabbed the trees (two royal palms, a red maple and a gumbo limbo) and I grabbed the plants (I couldn't even tell you the names but they all attract butterflies) and some grasses (dwarf faxahatchee...very, very low maintenance).

After that we headed to the airport to pick up a friend's car. They charge way too much in the airport lot, so we picked up the car and brought it back to the house, and will drop it back off in the lot the day she comes back in. Then to Harbor Freight Tools...Dave loves that place and I'm starting to grow fond of it myself. Dave picked up some small stuff, and I found a dapping/doming set which I can't wait to start experimenting with later today. All the pieces are really oily, so I have some clean up to do first. We picked up some lunch and went to Home Depot for a few other things. Once we got home, we moved on to planting most of the stuff we bought. Actually, Dave mowed the lawn and I started digging the holes. I was able to get all of the plants in, one of the red oleanders we picked up at Home Depot and 3 of the grasses. Then Dave saved me and dug the holes for the other 2 grasses. We had previously had some "fill dirt" brought in after the house was built to help with the slope around the house pad (in the area I live in there is a county code that requires your house to be built high enough above street level so that if it rained for 30 days and 30 nights the house wouldn't flood!) Needless to say a few of the loads we had brought in were horrible...like there was cement in them. Anyway, that's what we were digging through yesterday to try to get some of the stuff planted. I'm definitely feeling it in my upper body this morning.

And here I've started to ramble again when this was supposed to be a quick post. I'm off to tackle the hundred other things going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment