About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sunflower

I'm very excited about the sunflowers that are growing in the landscaping in the front yard. After looking at the first picture, you're probably thinking, "That's an odd place for a sunflower". I was thinking the same thing...I would have planted it in the back since it's so tall. But, I didn't plant this one. As weird as that sounds, in my yard it seems to be fairly common to have "stuff" just pop up out of the ground. I can't tell you how many times I've had to stop the lawnmower short to keep from running something over. Luckily, most times I'm able to relocate it someplace else. I guess it's something to do with the dirt we've had brought in over the years. We had a palm tree pop up two years after we moved in and it's now about 30 feet tall...we priced it at Home Depot...about $150!!! Then one year we had tomatoes and corn growing in the front yard! The funny thing about the sunflower is I've tried to grow them before, but they never seemed to be able to support themselves and would fall over and wilt away. Now, here's one I didn't plant and it's growing great. I checked on it today, and the bud is starting to open. I'll take some more pictures in the upcoming days and post it's progress.

1 comment:

  1. Sunflowers pop up all over my garden too. The birds plant them.

    ReplyDelete