About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

On the Bench

Here's what is currently on my bench...
The two pair of brass earrings need to be oxidized, then tumble polished. I'm just waiting to have a few more pieces that also need to be oxidized. I prefer to do several pieces at a time. The large, clear faceted glass beads are going to be paired with smaller Swarovski crystal bicones for a goes-with-anything necklace...kind of Wilma Flinstone style! Lastly, the hair on hide cross pendant is waiting to be matched up with some stones. I cut the pendant from hide scraps myself...not the easiest project, but I like how it turned out. I'm think it would go well with some white magnesite rounds beads. The ones in my inventory have a lot of brown veining in them which I think will complement the color of the hide. Notice the silver rings to the right of the cross...still waiting for me to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with them. I have a couple of ideas...maybe tomorrow!


2 comments: