About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Favorite Things Friday

This week's favorite thing is my pair of split ring tweezers. This is a tool I use when making jewelry and it has become indispensable. The pair I have is made by Bead Smith and is made of stainless steel. These tweezers are used to open split rings so they can be attached to other components of the jewelry. Prior to purchasing these, I would attempt to open the split ring by using a finger nail or anything else I could find to wedge in there. Unfortunately, I was going through split rings like crazy because attempting to open them without the proper tool was causing me to distort their shapes and render them unusable. The price for the tweezers ranges from $4 to $6, and was well worth it considering the profits I was eatting up with marred split rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment