About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Leesburg Bike Fest - April 2009

Back in April, Dave and I went up to Leesburg with our neighbors, Jeff and Jeanette, for the Leesburg bikefest. We trailered the bikes up...I know...I'm hearing the groans from the die-hards! Believe me, I would have loved to ride up, but there's just no place for bags on a sportbike! The weather was really great...a little on the hot side, but no rain. Friday we spent the day in town browsing all the vendor booths and taking in the events. The funniest part had to be the woman who was convinced Dave was NASCAR drive Tony Stewart (yeah, I know...it was at night and apparently she'd been drinking all day)! Saturday we took a back roads ride up to Dunnellon and went to Rainbow Springs. The ride was great...very scenic. We found a quaint little restaurant for lunch called The Front Porch Restaurant. The food was great and the pie was even better (I did not lick the plate, even though Dave says I did...I only do that in the privacy of my own home!). Later that night we went to the racetrack in Bronson. It was really cool to see that kind of racing...where the driver is the mechanic and crew chief, too! Sunday morning we loaded the bikes back up and took the scenic route home down US27. It was a good trip and I look forward to going back again next year.











No comments:

Post a Comment