About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Friday, June 26, 2009

What I've Been Working On...

Here are a couple of photos of my latest creation, Green with Envy, which is part of my Cowgirl Collection. This piece is listed in my Etsy shop. I've developed a real affinity for magnesite beads and have purchased many strands in different shapes and colors recently. I have another piece in the works on my bench that uses pink magnesite nuggets and large brown lava stone rondelles. I'm hoping to have that finished later tonight. I also have several fine silver fused rings that have been sitting on my bench for weeks...just haven't decided what I want to do with them. I think one of my challenges is that my design ideas go in so many different directions. One week I'm full into working with metal, the next week I'm doing some basic stringing, and the following week I'm working with crystals and pearls and wire wrapping! I guess diversity is good, but sometimes it impedes my progress because I can't decide which technique to use. Alas, I guess if this is the worst of my problems, I'm not so bad off!!! I welcome all comments...and constructive criticism!

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing and it does slow you down, lol. One day I want to just create and cut patterns, another day I want to crochet, another day I want to sew...
    haha
    Too much creativity and not enough arms!

    ReplyDelete