About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Weekend Full of Bead Shows

I attended two bead shows this weekend (insert groans from Dave!). Saturday I went to the Down the Street Beadshow in Palm Beach. They had a nice selection of vendors, but I made all my purchases from just two. Today I attended an invitation only show which had an incredible selection of semiprecious stones, many of which I've never seen before. I set a budget for both days and had to exercise a lot of control to stick to it, but I was successful. I always scout the entire show before making any selections. I'm very happy with my purchases. Now the big question is, do I resell them, or incorporate them into my own designs?! I did purchase multiples of each strand, so I should be able to do both (one for me...one for you).

Dave was a real trooper today and went to the invitation only show with me. It was about a 45 minute drive from the house so it was nice to have the company. Dave and I always have the best conversations while driving. I do need to clarify, though. He actually dropped me off at the show, went to the motorcycle shop around the corner and then came into the show when he was ready for lunch! His timing was perfect though as I only needed about another 15 minutes to make my final selections. While he doesn't always understand my need to buy more beads since I already have bins, boxes and bags full of beads all over the studio, he totally supports me and wants me to be successful.

Next year I would love to attend the Tucscon show. I'm trying to figure out how I can make a vacation out of it so it's more practical of a trip. I need to do some research on the area. I'm sure if I can find somewhere reasonably close to go 4-wheeling either in a Jeep of on ATV's, I can convince Dave to go. Only problem is, it may still be a little cool at the time of the year. I guess I better start my research now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment