About this blog

The original intention of this blog was to help promote my handcrafted jewelry and beading supplies. However, I believe I lead an interesting life (which Dave gets a lot of credit for), so you will often find ramblings about things other than beads and jewelry! Hope you enjoy reading about it as much as I enjoy living it!!!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hot Off the Bench

Here are my latest creations, all of which have been listed in my Etsy shop. I am trying to break through my normal boundaries when it comes to color. This is one of the hardest things for me when it comes to creating jewelry. I tend to be very "monochrome", even in my own wardrobe. I wear lots of black, brown and neutrals. What's funny is I can remember being this way as a child. I remember my mom taking me shopping for school clothes when I was in elementary school and even way back then I had "issues" with color. If she picked out a blue pair of pants, then I had to have a blue top that matched the pants EXACTLY. There could be no difference in the shade of the color...and of course, it had to be a blue top. It couldn't be pink or red or some other color (well, except for white because white matches with everything!). Weird, huh?


Everything But the Kitchen Sink - multi stone bracelet

Hot Fudge Sundae - Magnesite, fossil bead, ceramic and sterling silver bracelet

After Midnight - multi stone memory wire bracelet

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I want all of them. Ok, time for me to start selling lots of flowers so I have extra spending money to treat myself to some of your awesome jewelry!! :)

    ReplyDelete